[NTLK] Sorry folks but I am giving up - I just don't have time

From: DJ Vollkasko (DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net)
Date: Wed Dec 07 2005 - 12:15:03 PST

From: laurie <laurie.jane.kern () earthlink ! net>
Subject: [NTLK] Sorry folks but I am giving up - I just don't have
time

Noooooo... I was just looking forward to be showering Fig the Newt with
brilliant eBooks for Christmas (like I've done the last two years
running).
Oh well. And what about all the neat games out there and stuff? And all
the
pretty books? Anything we can do to make you not putting Fig up for
adoption?

Which straw broke yer donkey's back? What didn't work for you? Last
thing
I'd read you were wondering if you was going ter brainwipe or not. So
what
stopped you?

(BTW, one thing I've done this Summer--Spring?--when I had bad probs
with
conflictign packages--GPS Map and a German localization hack on
US-MP2k--was
backing up the whole Newton via NBU, brainwipe and restore the packages
letter-by letter--first a-c, then d-f, etc.--, until I had the problem
reproduced, then I hunted for that package within the incrimintating
batch...
   You might want to emulate it by backing up all, and then selecting
only
the packages you're definitley sure you want for restore and start from
there... Shouldn't require any rocket science, nor much time--e.g. let
the
backup run over night in parallel to a charging cycle, and then trigger
the
restore for breakfast--, the Newton and your desktop box will do the
work
for you! Ain't like you have to manually lug each 1 and 0 from Newt to
PC
and back...)

'Kasko
http://www.stillnewt.org/library