Re: [NTLK] PCMCIA in Mac?

From: Matthew Reidsma (mreidsma_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Dec 05 2005 - 10:42:26 PST

On 12/5/05, Pål Unanue-Zahl <unanue_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there any way to write a PCMCIA card, meant for Newton, on an
> Apple PowerBook? When I plug in the card, it is recognized in "About
> this computer" as a Pretec card, but it does not mount or anything
> else. Does it need a driver or is it not possible to mount it?

Not with the Newton File System on it. Nor is there a way to mount a
card with a DOS file system or HFS system on the Newton. They are
incompatable file formats.

I checked the FAQ and Wiki, and this isn't mentioned in the cad
sections. I'll add to the Wiki later today, but Grant, if you are
reading, can you make a note in the FAQ about this? Thanks!

-----
Matthew Reidsma
mreidsma_at_post.harvard.edu
Boston, MA U.S.A.