Re: [NTLK] Native installer for NCU and OS X Update

From: William Pociengel (hseldon_at_my.wgu.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 01 2005 - 21:07:54 PST

James Wages wrote:
<snip>

> expressed by Paul in his recent post. Paul properly points out that once
> these type of projects begin, everyone starts throwing out feature after
> feature which brings the project ultimately to a sudden halt.

it's called "feature creep", oh this will be easy, that's not too hard,
etc. you set a design goal, you layout your resources, pick a set of
milestones, and review / revise. milestones should be small and easily
attainable. they MUST be easy to verify, testing processes / procedures
need to be defined and documented. there is a lot of paperwork involved
in a sw project that is not part of the sw involved.

I can provide some assistance with this part, my programming skills are,
well, somewhat lacking.

select skills.software Language,
  skills.competencey Ability,
  skills.last_year_used "Last Used",
  concat(user.firstname, " ", user.lastname) "User Name"
from skills, user
where skills.uid = user.uid
and user.lastname = "Pociengel"
and user.firstname = "William"

Language Ability Last Used User Name

me thinks you can get the picture of the direction I chose to go ;-)

--
special knowledge can be a terrible disadvantage if it leads you too far
along a path that you cannot explain anymore.