Re: [NTLK] Apple Seeks Handwriting Recognition Expert - We Can

From: Adriano (adriano.angelillis_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sat Aug 27 2005 - 01:04:00 PDT

Time ago i was curios to test the HWR engine in OSX,
but i didn't want to spend the money for a new usb Wacom tablet,
so i bought a serial one on eBay ($10) and installed the freeware
TabletMagic:

My tablet connects via serial to usb adapter,
and TabletMagic allows one to choose a preferred setup.
Have to admit that i am amazed by how everything works stably, fast
and precise.

Adriano

Il giorno 26/ago/05, alle ore 18:25, Martin Joseph ha scritto:

On Aug 25, 2005, at 10:01 PM, Larry Yaeger wrote:

>> ps my 5" wacom writes ok, HWR works right out of the box. but I was
>> never happy with the s l o w response trying to use it to replace my
>> mouse. actually it kept acting like a mouse and not a tablet (yes i
>> verified the settings in the prefs) but I also can confirm that the
>> HWR
>> is top notch on Panther at least.
>>

> That's odd. Sounds like something was interfering with the Wacom
> driver,

The original Wacom driver had major problems under OSX in my
experience. I had several customers who are graphic designers who
where VERY dissatisfied with Wacom tablet performance under OSX. The
latest driver update seems to help quite a bit.