Re: [NTLK] Newton PrintPack questions

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Wed Aug 24 2005 - 11:44:23 PDT

On Aug 24, 2005, at 11:36 AM, Martin Joseph wrote:

> Searching the archives will get you more info on this, but if memory
> serves the short answer is that the more common serial to parallel
> cable will work, but it won't automagically install the printer driver
> package.

A "generic" serial-to-parallel cable, if one exists, will not work. The=20=

company that made the original Print Pack also made a=20
serial-to-parallel printer cable that will work. However, it's a bit=20
complicated. Earlier versions, made by the original manufacturer work,=20=

but not the later models, made by the company that bought the original=20=

won't work. Also, you will need the PrintPack version 2 software to get=20=

it to work. As Martin said, search the archives. You should find=20
something. I have the ser-par model, not the Print Pack model, and it=20
works fine with my older Epson Stylus Color 900. Unfortunately, I have=20=

just retired my Epson from regular duty, thanks to the cost of ink=20
replacement. I don't know what I will do with it. Time will tell.=20
Doubly unfortunate is that my Print Pack cable is in Poland, and I"m=20
not, so I can't offer it to you!
--=20
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland

"If your pictures aren=92t good enough, you=92re not close enough." - =20=

Photojournalist Robert Capa