Re: [NTLK] eMate slow down

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Aug 23 2005 - 10:51:25 PDT

Might I suggest a low tech solution if all proves unsuccessful in
recovering or exporting the playscript...

I've tested this as a safety precaution in case there were issue with
my Newton and now way to say the data but while I was able to access
it...

Use a Photocopy Machine.... it works and you'd only have to scan it in
and have it exported to WORD if on a PC through MS Office Document
Imaging....

On 8/23/05, John Derbyshire <johnderbyshire_at_ntlworld.com> wrote:
> Tried opening the Works document on the 2100, just the same result,=20
> reported a -48200 error ie ' Expected a frame, array, or binary object'=
=20
> and presumably didn't get one. I tried exporting document to the Mac=20
> but again got the same error code. Did wonder about re-installing=20
> Works onto the eMate. If any one has any ideas about dealing with a=20
> corrupted Works document please HELP. Otherwise I'm faced with=20
> retyping a 40+ page playscript. Ouch!
>=20
>=20
> On 23 Aug 2005, at 00:48, Woody Smith wrote:
>=20
> > A corrupted Works file can be difficult to deal with.=20
>=20
> --=20
> This is the NewtonTalk list - http://www.newtontalk.net/ for all inquirie=
> WikiWikiNewt for all kinds of articles: http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinew=