Re: [NTLK] HELP! Nighttime Battery Drainage!

From: Matt Howe (matthowe_at_comcast.net)
Date: Mon Aug 22 2005 - 09:31:44 PDT

I had a similar problem with my Newton. I found two things were interacting
to cause this. One was how I had the sleep function set. Double check that
it is not always on. But the big one that caused me 2 years of making sure I
had it plugged in every night, was "Librarian" This pkg allows you to flip
through Newton books wit the power switch. Although it sounds great, it
somehow interferes with the sleep settings. I'd like to say I found this
because of my vast knowledge of Newtons, but in reality I just stumbled on
to it. So if you have Librarian installed, try deleting it and see if your
Newton sleeps as set up.

Matt "Ducky" Howe
matthowe_at_comcast.net
mywebpages.comcast.net/mhowe41