Re: [NTLK] NewtLight and NewtEye

From: Adriano (adriano.angelillis_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Aug 19 2005 - 04:57:51 PDT

Dear Woo,

many thanks for your compliments, i really appreciate your words,
and if you could mail me the photos i will be more than happy to U/L
them on my website!

About your new Newton accessories:
first of all, although i am sure that everybody already know it,
please let me remember that actually NewtLight and NewtEye won't fit
a 8 pin serial port.

Then here below some useful links which i really recommend to take a
look:
  - NewtLight FAQ
http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/index.php/NewtLight
  - NewtAC FAQ:
http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/index.php/NewtAC

About the NewtEye's pins:
i bend the pins of the 9 pin plug to make it fit perfectly into the
serial socket of the interconnect adapter and eMate,
but if during shipping the pins of the NewtEye's plug received some
sort of "extra bending", here below is a simple, easy way to reseat
them:
  - first slowly pass a c/card (or any piece of plastic near 1mm
thickness) orizzontally between the three rows of pins, moving from
pin to pin
  - then (try to) gently insert the 9pin plug back in the 9pin serial
port. In most cases, the socket itself will make the pins move back
to their original position.
Hope this could be of help.

Then did you try the NewtLight software?
Frank made a very cool Newton app, then his support during the make
of the new accessories
has been really essential, and i really do not know how to thank him...

Many thanks,

Adriano

'Green is better'
http://homepage.mac.com/adriano.angelillis/

P.S.:
The NewtWikiPedia is one of the best places to find useful infos
about the MessagePad usage,
and has as it's been of real help to me since when i started to use
my MessagePad,
it takes care of the 'NewtLight experience' now, and i try to update
it with useful infos anytime i can.
Just hope that everybody here in the list will do the same adding his
own support,
other than will feel free to edit the links provided far above
without ask.