Re: [NTLK] Topology Connection Options

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.int)
Date: Thu Aug 18 2005 - 06:18:32 PDT

Hey, there are plenty of options,
of course using the Ethernet connection is the preferred choice.
In order to do that you need to transfer the ethernet drivers to the Newt.
The easiest way is to use a serial connection - depending what cable you
actually have (PC or Mac) determines the machine you would need to do that.
Of course there are also USB to serial adapters on the market...
The most used transfer tool on the PC/Mac side is NCU - you can download it
from Unna.
Once you have teh Ethernet connection up and running, you need to define a
machine where NCU runs on and that has connection to you local network.
Unfortunately NCU does not run with OS X, so you need the classic
environment or an older machine running on OS 9.

Of course once you have the Ethernet connection functional, you can choose
amongst quiet a number of applications to transfer data up and down. But I
found using NCU (with all the little problems it has) to be a very straight
forward solution.

Cheers
Johannes