Re: [NTLK] Where are the Intelligent PDAs?

From: Dan Thaning (dan.thaning_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Aug 15 2005 - 16:41:15 PDT

Grant Hutchinson wrote:

>On Aug 15, 2005, at 12:02 PM, Matthew Hudson wrote:
>

>>http://www.palmaddict.typepad.com/palmaddicts/
>>
>>Scroll down the page. Interesting read.
>>

>Direct link:
>
>http://palmaddict.typepad.com/palmaddicts/2005/08/where_are_the_i.html
>
>g.

But what I really miss is speechsynthesis and recognition, one would
think that with smartphones we would finally get that, but no.
And I donīt mean seamless dictation just command style recognition
like: Call Work Read Mail Stop Next
Actually all phones should have speechsynthesis for reading SMS. It
isnīt that expensive. A $10 camera goes in there but not a 30 cent
speechchip.

I guess when Einstein gets ported to arm.linux, I will have to build my
own Newton-wearable.