Re: [NTLK] Program Descriptions - WAS:Newton newbie

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Aug 15 2005 - 11:56:01 PDT

Hey,

Wouldn't it be a good idea to put these type of information about
application into the Program Descriptions

It would be very helpful when looking for apps - we could then know
about problems and maybe additional features not listed in the readme
file or that people found particularily helpful.

Sonny

On 8/15/05, hellsop_at_ninehells.com <hellsop_at_ninehells.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 14, 2005 at 11:54:15PM +0200, oliver.brose_at_t-online.de wrote:
> > Should you face situations where you permanently have to insert
> > sketches (maybe formulas) you may also consider writing in sketchmode
> > since the Newton will translate words you sketch. Takes up more space
> > I guess, but can be practical. I second using "Bigger Notes". Notes
> > will slow down at some point, especially with lots of sketches, but
> > you will be bothered by the excessive size notification less often.
>=20
> As a minor warning, BigNotes interfered with the process of backing up
> my notes soup via NCU, causing an error I no longer recall, until I
> edited all the notes to smaller than 8k. At that point, there wasn't
> much reason to have BigNotes anymore...
>=20
> --=20
> 78. I will not tell my Legions of Terror "And he must be taken alive!" Th=
e=20
> command will be "And try to take him alive if it is reasonably
> practical."
> --Peter Anspach's list of things to do as an Evil Overlor=
> --=20
> This is the NewtonTalk list - http://www.newtontalk.net/ for all inquirie=
> WikiWikiNewt for all kinds of articles: http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinew=
t/