Re: [NTLK] Backlights question

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sat Aug 13 2005 - 18:51:53 PDT

Hi Marty,

Yes we are speak of the Green ones...

Calvin did tell us they were not as bright as the original ones.
The new backlights are a Pale Green compared to the Newt Green of the origi=
nals.

This last one I was testing to install for a list member seemed dim to
me when I set it up. It's been awhile since I tested mine when they
arrived and I wasn't sure if it was my personal opinion or was it the
old back light was just bright.

I reconnected the old one and compared the two side by side and indeed
it was much brighter than the new one.

I'm hoping to find enough time next week to pull my own back light
from storage to do a side by side - and if need be I'll pull my second
one out also and set it up also so I have at least two for reference
when comparing....

By the Marty, if you were in a rush I would dare say that IF I were
asked to do one fast I could do one within 5-10-15 minutes... range,
though I would not suggest it as some corners would be cut and that
would be at the risk of the quality or workmanship....

On 8/13/05, Martin Joseph <martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com> wrote:
>=20
> On Aug 13, 2005, at 9:55 AM, Sonny Hung wrote:
> <snip>
> > Recently I was installing one and did a comparision of them just for
> > the fun of it and discovered the original used old back light was
> > still much brighter. I've got no idea of the use time of the original
> > backlight so I'm unsure what to make of it. I'm going to see if I can
> > compare my own two backlights I purchased to see if they are any
> > brighter after I pull them out of storage.
> > <snip>
>=20
> Hi Sonny,
>=20
> I have not gotten around to installing mine yet! It's hard for me to=20
> take my Newton out of service for long enough, becuase it's so central=
=20
> to my operation. Seriously!
>=20
> Sad to here it seems to be a disappointment. perhaps Calvin has a=20
> comment on this?
>=20
> Marty
>=20