Re: [NTLK] Mac Network card

From: Mr. David M. Ensteness (denstene_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat Aug 13 2005 - 10:49:45 PDT

If its actually a Performa 6200CD (PPC603 or 603e @ 75 or 100MHz)
with a 4x CD-ROM, 800MB-1GB HDD ...
It has 4 expansion slots:

LC, COMM, TV, Video I/O

I don't have any LC or COMM NICs sadly so I can't help ya there.
However, if you find one (eBay, lists like this, local junk stores,
recycling centers) you can certainly get the card cheap.

What its worth? Nothing really sorry to say.

The Performa 6200CD was actually the PowerMac 6200 which was actually
a PowerMac 5200 but sold in Europe under the number 6200. In the US
market it was sold as the Performa 6200CD ... name games by Apple in
the '90s sucked.

With PowerMac 7/8/9600s selling for around $25-75 and Beige G3s
selling for $30-80 in various conditions there really is little
market for anything made before the iMac. Even PowerBook prices which
normally hang high forever have finally dropped off. Wallstreet G3s
are fetching $100, Lombards around $300 on the highend, Pismos still
$300-500 in some cases. Any PowerBook without a native G3 and *some*
OS X support are basically just special interest at this point.

Sorry to break the news.

David