[NTLK] 2100 startup issues

From: Rod (lavo_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Aug 10 2005 - 19:56:01 PDT

Hi All!

Just wondering if I may have bought a dud Newt. Its a 2100 that only
has a alkaline battery cage (I have to re-cell the rechargeable). If
I leave it for more than a couple of minutes, it won't start again.
I have to pull out the cards, and do a "wipe data" reset. Is there
an internal battery (like a pram battery in Macs) that needs a
trickle charge? There is a good chance this Newton has been sitting
around without charge for possible months or years.

* And I have read the faq :-) It just worries me that I have to
reset to get it going again after a couple of minutes (and it has
fresh batteries too)

Seeya

Rod!

PS Thank you for everyone's input on the stylus!