Re: [NTLK] connection help

From: John Charlton (johncharlton_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Aug 09 2005 - 16:46:58 PDT

On Aug 9, 2005, at 12:48 AM, katey wrote:

> If anyone has a dongle
> that they might part with for a reasonable price, and maybe even a
> keyboard preferrably in Canada I would be very interested. Also any
> means of getting packages to the newt so that I can get connected
> to my
> lan to transfer packages would be welcome.

The card-loaner system could get you going with ethernet/wireless
drivers, or if you're near another Newtontalk member they may be able
to help you directly. (Check out the map at: http://newtontalk.net/
map/) Nice to have a dongle but once you're up with ethernet you
won't need it much anymore. Ah, unless you'll be using the keyboard a
lot.

As for keyboards, the original Newton keyboard is OK, but I prefer
the feel of the folding Palm keyboard (using the Newtway adapter).
The Newton keyboard is a little loud and heavy in touch.

jc