[NTLK] Daylight-savings

From: Seth Hollander (sethhollander_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Aug 08 2005 - 06:59:58 PDT

How cool. I was reading about a potential side effect of the US energy bill legislation to be signed today. While I take no public position on the rest of the bill, one of its provisions takes effect in 2007 and starts daylight-savings time three weeks earlier than present, and ends it one week later than present. Some software and gadgets are set to adjust for daylight-savings time on the current schedule will not work correctly beginning in 2007.

So I started to wonder how well the Newton will fare beginning 2007. I did a quick search and came up with a free app from SBM that does the trick:

http://www.sbm.nu/englisch/newton/daylight/

Of course, the reason the program exists is that the world actually doesn't revolve around the US schedule; I'm sure a large number of Newton users already depend on this app.

Hopefully I'll still be using my Newton when '07 rolls around, and will be prepared for this rather minor occasion.