[NTLK] Looking for ATA/Compact Flash advice.

From: Jon Scordia (jscordia_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Aug 03 2005 - 02:15:22 PDT

Hi list.

I've just registered the ATA driver after successfully testing it with an 8meg compact flash card, and got to grips with software that has to be on internal memory vs card, plus how to move files between them.

I now want to set up a nice large CF card...ONCE!...to allow me to efficiently organise apps, ebooks, files etc.

Do you have any advice on how to partition a large card for speed, efficiency and reliablity? Lots of small partitions? Or fewer larger ones?

I assume that there is no way of mounting/reading a Newton formatted CF card on a Mac or PC?

Thanks!

Jon