[NTLK] Consensus- Best IM Software for Newton?

From: David Deranian (deranian_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Aug 02 2005 - 11:42:31 PDT

Hey Old Gang!

Okay, I admit it. I'm have withdrawal symptoms. I've been a devoted
Newton user since 1993, as a few of you Boston based people might
now. However, last January, I had to force myself off the Newton and
on to a top of the line Clie, which I must admit, is a pretty cool
little PDA - but it's NO Newton either.

Ironically, i need to do something because of the way my business
communications are set up, I need a PDF with reliable Instant
Messaging capability. After NewtChat, bit the dust, I never got
around trying any of the Jabber based solutions like NewtJabber. Do
any of you here use any of these packages? Would love to hear from
you if you do. If they work pretty dependably, I'd seriously consider
going back to my Newton, because I do miss it for many of the other
things I use a PDA for.

Also, should I decide to move on permanently, I'll have excellent (in
some cases brand new) Newton gear I'll be looking to sell off at very
attractive prices. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks,
-David Deranian