Re: [NTLK] GPS Card

From: Edward Johnson (radar9999_at_aol.com)
Date: Fri Apr 29 2005 - 12:21:07 PDT

Try a Haicom HI-303H, it is a CF GPS card with a very low power draw.
Tested with GPS Monitor and it outputs proper signals. Tested with GPS
MAP & newton 2100 (but without a map) and that program recognizes it
and reads its signal. Foldable antenna and optional external antenna.
Will also work as a Mouse GPS albeit with a Serial port (RS-232)
connection (HAVE NOT TeSTED) or a USB connection. Paul, DJ, I will send
PDF of user manual separately. It has pinouts for interface creation. I
went with CF GPS because newton 2000/2100 has no compatibility problems
with any standard CF GPS card. It sees it as a communications card
(modem), according to NTLK digests a couple of years ago. I think mine
cost me about $125-$150 delivered. There are multiple versions of the
HI-303, including one not NMEA compatible, so buyers beware, HI-303H
seems to work ok.

Ed Johnson

PS planning on attending LANUG meeting Saturday night at the AppleStore
in the Grove (big mall) in LA. Looking for help with Newton Toolkit and
Graphic Converter to create resources that Newton Toolkit will
recognize and process in GPS MAP. Will come with laptop (Powerbook of
course), newton, CF GPS Card, and cables.

PLEASE, Somebody stop me if this has been canceled. I will be traveling
over an hour to get there. 7:30 pm to whenever, right? I should get
there by 8pm-8:30.

A Smart man learns from his mistakes. A Wise man learns from other
peoples mistakes. Be Wise!