Re: [NTLK] Bar Code Scanners

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Apr 27 2005 - 21:01:27 PDT

Just been looking through NTLK and came up to a posting that some one
asked about converting the CueCat to work with the Newton.

Now a link was given for the mod but I wanted to know if I am able to
get a Pen Bar Code Scanner that has a RS232 connector can I get it to
work with the Newton?

Any insight would be appreciated.

I'm looking for one because I'm cataloguing books in our dept at the
college and it would cut down the input time drastically even though
we only have one room full of books... if anyone out there has one
they'd be willing to let go for a good cause & price drop me a note
off list...

If it's a good price maybe the department staff may chip in to buy
it... who knows.
--=20
God bless,

Sonny Hung