Re: [NTLK] PowerRecorder app

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Tue Apr 26 2005 - 11:45:56 PDT

mkow1234_at_aol.com wrote:
> April 26, 2005
>
> Has anybody played around with this app? I found it in my computer archives and trid it out the other day. It can be activated by a quick double (?) flick of the on-off switch. It can also set up and make a recording file automatically in the Notepad app, though I'm not sure how to get it to do this every time.
> I have not found any documentation to go with it (I'm sure I have it somewhere), so I'm not sure on the maximum length for a sound recording. Anyway, I experimented with it yesterday and found I could record myself playing guitar and singing -- a whole song! -- in NotePad. I can keep a few 'personal studio tracks' on my Newton -- as long as I don't accidentally record over them!

Never heard of that. Sounds like a handy utility. Probably not as nice
as VoiceNotes, but sounds like it has two important features: records
fairly large sounds and works by a flick of the power switch (great if
you have to record something in a hurry).

I would buy voicenotes, but I don't like the idea of it being "locked"
to one newton. If that Newt dies and I can't get in touch with the
developer (both strong possibilities), I am up a creak.

-Dan