Re: [NTLK] IrDA package install

From: JP (spacebar0_at_fastmail.fm)
Date: Mon Apr 25 2005 - 09:05:32 PDT

On Apr 24, 2005, at 5:47 PM, Charlie Ranlett wrote:

>> I do have an older PowerBook with an IRda port, only
>> it has system 7.5.something and I don't have the SCSI
>> converter cable I need to use my OS 8.5 installer CD,
>> so that option is out for now.

If your machine/OS can use the IrDA, I'd try both utilities mentioned in
last digest. I use the Vernet app. I consider it brilliant.

I was in your position few weeks ago. New 2000. How to bootstap?

Just last night I emailed using SimpleMail over wireless connection.

When downloading packages off net make sure to follow the instrucions
here

http://www.unna.org/mac.shtml

That insures the packages are in 'package' format (they'll look like
little gift boxes on your desktop, not generic docs)

Pack Type is good if your browser download doesn't get it right.

Good Luck

the little machine is amazing!

Jack

--