[NTLK] MP2100 Battery Life

From: Zoont Foomby (zoontf_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sat Apr 23 2005 - 15:38:50 PDT

Hi!

I'm a new Newton user! I really like the Newton (at least the MP2100)
and find it to be the perfect PDA for my style of computing.

Now, on to the question. My MP2100 has a battery tray to hold AA
batteries. It seems to last quite a while on the batteries, except
when I'm browsing the web in Newt's Cape. Is Newt's Cape sooo CPU
intensive that it just churns through the batteries? Or is it the
Wavelan WiFi card I'm using? Does my WiFi card really draw so much
battery power? I can go from %100 battery power to %15 in the course
of an hour while browsing with Newt's Cape. Yet, otherwise, I can go
for days if I'm just putzing with notes or other built-in apps. That
seems wierd.

I also have a Bluetooth card for my Newton. I have yet to get it to
surf the web through the Blunt connection, but when I do, will that
too consume as much battery power? Perhaps the Bluetooth connection is
more power friendly?

Thanks for any insight.

Also, would it be worth investing in one of those re-vitalized battery
packs one can get on eBay? I think Knowledgenavigator is selling some
re-tooled packs with 2300ma batteries in them. How long would the
charge on such a pack last compared to some copper-tops in the battery
tray?

Thanks!!
--=20
The more succinct your sig,