Re: [NTLK] How to read Windows based Acrobat PDF file on a Newton 130?

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Fri Apr 22 2005 - 17:20:34 PDT

> work. What freeware I need to download a PC based PDF file and read it on
> 130? Also, what freeware based browser can I use to connect to the internet?
> And lastly, is it possible to wirelessly connect 130 to a 802.11b network
> running on my home PC for browsing/downloading?

PDF, the short answer: there is no such animal. You can convert it to
another format, and make a NewtonBook of that but it is not easy.
http://dev.newtontalk.net/~martinw/Ideas%20pages/nPDF.html You can read
  more.

As for browser, check out Newtscape (not freeware), Courier, Net Hopper
(a bit dated but does work with patches to some areas of the internet),
or luna suite (REALLY buggy, huge, and can only really be run on a
MP2100 because it needs a lot of heap).
http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/index.php/WebBrowsers

And as for WIFI, forget it. It only works with a MP2x00 or Emate. Your
only available method is via modem.

-Dan