Re: [NTLK] mp 110 help with batts

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Apr 21 2005 - 09:37:32 PDT

OK, let me first preface this with the statement:
I am not affiliated with this site, I just know a
bargain when I see it!
Go Here!
http://www.direct2deal.com/index.php?first=2
and scroll down to the rechargeable batteries.
They are Lenmar "AA" 2000mAh NiMH batteries.
It's a 24 pack for $21 from Amazon. It qualifies for
free shipping! That's less than 88 cents per battery!
As an example, a 4 pack of Maha "AA" batteries is 12
bucks. Of course, the Powerex Maha is a 2300mAh
battery and in my opinion the best rechargeable out
there....but for >88 cents, even if you loose 13
batteries under a speeding train while capturing
pictures of your Newt around the world, you still come
out ahead...
I use a ton of "AA"s and I picked up on this deal
already.
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Andrei Chichak <acpmiedm_at_telusplanet.net> wrote:

> >i am getting tired of buying regular batts for my
> mp 130, what kind do i
> >need (rechargable ones) can i get them in radio
> shack...
>
> Any AA NiCds will be fine. Wrap the center two cells
> together with cello
> tape, this will push down the charge enable switch.
>
> Don't use NiMHs, these cells need the charging cycle
> to finish when the
> cells are charged. A 100/110/120/130 Newt will trash
> them.
>
> >can i use the emate wall charger with the mp 110 to
> re-carge the batts????
>
> Yes.
>
> Andrei
>
> --
> This is the NewtonTalk list -
> http://www.newtontalk.net/ for all inquiries
> Official Newton FAQ:
> http://www.chuma.org/newton/faq/
> WikiWikiNewt for all kinds of articles:
> http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/

"I'm not an expert, but I *did* stay at a Holiday Inn Express once..."
     --Holiday Inn Commercial