[NTLK] Michigan Newton Gathering - Preparations Update

From: mkow1234_at_aol.com
Date: Fri Apr 15 2005 - 04:33:40 PDT

Hello Everyone,

I received confirmations yesterday that a few more Newtonians are planning to attend!
This is pretty exciting!

Today, I'll be double-checking files and dusting off the HP deskJet 340 Newton/Mac printer.
Maybe I'll get to finish another eBook, if I'm lucky.

We're slowly but surely getting the word out to folks in the region:

  * Announcements have been placed on a few online Apple bulletin boards.

  * Notified a few local newspaper reporters; could make for a good human interest story.

We'll keep the event format pretty loose, depending upon what attendees want to see and do:

If you've got questions about Newton Press, AvailWorks, or the .MP3-to-.PKG file conversion process for Mad Max, I can provide a demo on my PC laptop.

Bring your Internet and Wi-Fi connectivity questions with you. Paul will provide the answers that you've been seeking. Paul is also going to cover the IrDA data sharing process (Newton-PC) in detail!

If anybody has an eMate that needs the hinge fix, feel free to bring it to the event. I'll bring a few washers and some hinge lube.

Other thoughts?

I've been asked about providing a 'live feed' of the event. Such a communications link is a bit beyond my capability. :O( However, I DO have a tripod and an old VCR video camera (the kind that takes a full-sized tape). The battery packs are dead, and we're missing the power pack, but I'll check around at some camera stores today. Failing that, I can grab some 25-second silent movie clips with my digital camera and upload them later.

Feel free to respond with questions or concerns.

Warmest regards,

Matt the K.