Re: [NTLK] Re trade traffic

From: DJ Vollkasko (DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net)
Date: Thu Apr 14 2005 - 22:34:00 PDT

> Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 11:30:45 -0400
> From: Michael Blazer <m.blazer_at_utoronto.ca>
> Subject: Re: [NTLK] Re trade traffic
>
> Quoting Victor Rehorst <victor_at_newtontalk.net>:
>

>> But if you want to reply to something to the sender only, you have to
>> copy
>> their e-mail address first, reply to the message, delete the To: line
>> that
>> your mail client has picked up, and paste in the sender's address.
>
> A slightly simpler way to do it is to use Reply All. That puts both
> the list address and
> the individual sender's address into your To: header. No copying &
> pasting needed; all
> you have to do is delete the list address before you send.
>
> I'm not sure this works with all e-mail clients, but it works for me.
>
> Michael

Better solution, implement on ecartis-side: different mail adresses for
NTLK as sender and as receiver.

We mail posts to one address, and NTLK mails out with another address.
This way, you can't reply erroneously.
Okay, you'd have to change address #2 to reply mails, but that's not
such a biggie (unless you're the boy of 100 posts...).

Why not do this, might help some. Too much unwanted stuff is being
posted to NTLK (personal stuff, trade stuff, stuff stuff...).

DJV.