[NTLK] Problem rebuilding 2X00 battery

From: Frank Gruendel (newtontalk_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Wed Apr 13 2005 - 17:07:09 PDT

> The trouble is, when she put the new batteries
> in the battery casing of the 2x000, they seem to
> stick up a bit, making it difficult to put the
> cut-out lid back on.

> Is this a common problem or did we do something
> wrong?

With today's cells in the 2000mAh range this is a
common problem since they are ever so slightly larger
than Apple's original cells and there's exactly zero
room to spare in the battery pack.
These days, I always remove a bit of material from the
inside of the pack before I put the new cells in. A
Dremel or similar tool, equipped with a decent small
milling cutter are quite helpful here, provided you
use it with care.

Cheers

Frank