Re: [NTLK] Help with GPS MAP process (VERY,VERY LONG POST)

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.int)
Date: Tue Apr 12 2005 - 08:06:35 PDT

I use MS Autoroute (shame on me) and I also take my GPS-mouse with me on
missions to connect it to my Laptop and have a navigation in the rental
car - very handy and saved me a lot of time and hassle so far.
There is only one backdraw: the refresh rate of the GPS position and
readings is really slow (about 3 sec! - regardless that the mouse receiver
can deliver data much faster) so that you can really miss a turn. But still,
3 sec later you will see...

But back to the Newt and GPS Map and NTLK:

if I read the code lines I get the slight suspicion that the function
MakePixFamily does N O T consider "Ojai_1.rsrc" to be the resource of
"Ojai1"...
I always used the very same name for the picture file except the .rsrc that
is added automatically from GC.
So this would read then "Ojai1.rsrc" and "Ojai1" to make it crystal clear
;-))

Correct me if I am wrong and I do not remember exactly WHY I put both into
the same directory, the PICT file AND the .rsrc file that is supposed to
contain the picture data as well, but it seems that OpenResFile reads the
resource ONLY while MakePixFamily is processing the real picture data.
So in theory it should work as well to put the "Ojai1.rsrc" as a parameter
for both functions, provided that the .rsrc contains the picture data as
well.
But if I open the .rsrc file with GC I do see the picture and the file size
is almost the same as for the PICT file.

HTH
Cheers
Johannes