Re: [NTLK] Help with GPS MAP process (VERY,VERY LONG POST)

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.int)
Date: Tue Apr 12 2005 - 05:37:03 PDT

Hi Edward,

First off my congrats for having solved your NaN problem!
In the following I remove all the lines not related to the point I want to
highlight:

SNIP

> Now when I run the BUILD PACKAGE I still get an error that it cannot
> open the resource file Ojai1 located in yupity yup directory.
> > Error in Map_Main.t, Map_Main.afterScript, line 22:
> > Couldn't open resource file (-43): "Macintosh
> > HD:Users:edwardjohnson:Documents:NewtonStuff:NewtonDev:Ojai1:
> > Ojai_1.rsrc"
> But I do get an invalid package built when it is done, which is
> farther than I was getting before. Pkg is invalid in that it is only
> 8KB rather than something that would include the contents of a valid
> map source, in this case the Ojai1 map resource created with Graphic
> Converter 4.6.
> Now my problem must be that;
> A I have not created a proper resource in Graphic Converter, or
>
> B I am calling it out wrong in the afterScript.
>
> There were some good mentions earlier about possible problems with the
> pathname so I moved the the entire folder into the newton development
> folder, but that did not seen to be it.
>
> Personally I lean toward A, but am willing to admit that B is a serious
> possibility.
>
> Here is a snip of the callout script for B;
>
> > rf := OpenResFileX (Home & "Ojai_1.rsrc");
> > BMAP_1 := MakePixFamily (NIL,NIL,"Ojai1");
> > CloseResFileX (rf);
> You can find info on my how I created the resources mentioned in A in
> earlier posts. I can also do screen shots for 1 to 1 emails. Pictures
> are worth thousands of words, but NTLK is text only.
>

> Ed Johnson

 SNIP

I really think that "home" refers to the very same directory where the
script or project file is started from.
Normally I created a new directory, copied the necessary files into and put
both, the PICT file AND the .rsrc file into the very same directory.
That always worked.

Cheers
Johannes