Re: [NTLK] Monopoly (The Game) for Newton OS?

From: Adamson_at_aol.com
Date: Sun Apr 10 2005 - 12:33:53 PDT

If this were a truth, maybe I could buy a Packard or Pierce Arrow for a
buck. Something is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it. Which
leads to the Pork Chop Story.

A woman walks into a butcher shop and says how much are your pork chops?
$.69 a pound, replies the butcher. She says I'll take 3 pounds. He says sorry
but we are all out.

She then walks across the street to another butcher and asks how much are
you pork chops? The butcher says $.89 a pound. She says why are yours $.89 a
pound when they are $.69 a pound across the street? The butcher says then
you can buy them there. I can't she says, he's all out. Ahh, the butcher
replies, when I'm all out mine are $.69 a pound, too!

I have a big problem with sanctimonious folks criticizing someone for their
efforts. No one is forcing you to buy anything. Nor do they owe you
anything for any reason. You do not have a right to share someone's efforts without
their consent. The operative word is consent. Feel free to express any
opinion, but be open for the firestorm if someone disagrees.

In a message dated 4/6/2005 8:40:11 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,