Re: [NTLK] Classroom Exchange on OS X

From: Clayton Mitchell (claytonmitchell_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Apr 08 2005 - 12:18:45 PDT

Matthew Hudson wrote:

>>I will give it a go when time permits with the current OS and if I
>>feel adventurous I will update it to 7.5.5 unless the statement that
>>7.5.3 was the most stable of the 7.5.x variants means I should stay
>>put for now...
>>

>It is 7.5.5 I wasn't aware 7.5.3 was more stable than 7.5.5 as 7.5.5
>only address some minor issues as I recall.
>
>-Matt

It is just anecdotal but I remember upgrading my performa 6218 (worst
machine apple ever made) from 7.5.3 to 7.5.5 and it hosed it. This was
right before 7.6 came out and the techs at the university I was at said
that they experienced the same thing with lab machines and to wait until
the upgrade, which did fix my issues. It could have been directly
related to the performa as it really was a stinking pile of crap.