Re: [NTLK] Advice on setting up my new eMate?

From: Becky K (kohali_at_nefermoon.com)
Date: Thu Apr 07 2005 - 07:43:36 PDT

Thanks for your time in responding, Clayton. :)

> If you are going to use it primarily as a typewriter then you should
> get the classroom exchange and/or NCU.
> The classroom exchange is a cool program that will let you transfer
> documents to and from your eMate.

Thanks! So you'd recommend the Classroom exchange over NCU? Is the CE limited in
any way compared to NCU, or vice versa?

> There is a package that you can install that can increase your serial
> speed to 230,000 bps.

I appreciate you going back and finding the link for me!

> The imac should work for sure, and if you have a Rev. A Bondi iMac you
> could even do IR transfers.
> But not with NCU or Classroom exchange.

So you're saying NCU/CE won't work on a 9.2 OS, or just that it won't work with
the IR transfer? What would I need for the IR transfer?

(Didn't try it last night because I want to fix the hinges first).

Thanks for the help!

Becky K