Re: [NTLK] Value of a Clear model MP110???

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Apr 06 2005 - 05:28:20 PDT

Matt,

That's great to get a response to this thread from someone on list.

It seems the Harris Technician mentioned that they really didn't do
much testing that he knew of with the dongles and that they actually
did not prototype the dongles (but I would doubt that). If you checked
a Harris's dongle connector for signs of wear for the most part they
don't seem to show any if at all. Out of the Three I originally had in
my possession and Mark's unit - they show any use or minimal if at
all. I have one that has a early beta dongle connector and one with
what looks like the final revision of the dongle connector.

I hope that you can possibly contact him (former contact in Australia)
again as it would be nice to know what other info and specs he may
have had regarding the wiring schematics. It would be useful for the
dongle at least so a dongle could be fabricated to function properly.

Well I await those applications.

By the way my units came with some applications which I made a backup
of. But without a radio (originally situated in a service van) to
connect to and a home base to receive data from these Harris won't be
able to do to much other than the possibility of using test apps with
dongles... :(

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung