Re: [NTLK] Simple mail smtp problem

From: Simon Bell (simonbell_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Apr 03 2005 - 00:14:28 PST

On 1 Apr, 2005, at 9:33 pm, Thoma Mattox wrote:

> Trying to complete my Simple Mail setup. I am running into a problem:
>
> [snip] My email server requires SMTP authentication to send email.
> I fill out the SMTP host, check authenticate, and click the
> "Set SMTP Login" button. Then, I get a Newton error
> "Sorry, a problem has occurred (-48404)".
> [snip]
>
> Is this normal? Is there a fix?

This is normal if you're using a MP130. Actually, you're only the
second person ever to have reported it. I have updated my website
<http://www.simple.dial.pipex.com> with a new version of SimpleMail
(4.3.3) that should fix it. (BTW it's only the English version that has
been updated - I haven't done the localised versions yet.)

Simon