Re: [NTLK] I'm looking for videophone hack

From: MKow1234_at_aol.com
Date: Thu Sep 30 2004 - 17:04:51 PDT

Hemant,
Yes, that was the app I was searching for! Thank you very much!

I connected two MP 2X00s and also an MP 2X00 and an eMate. It works very
well for sharing a whiteboard between two (Perhaps more than two?) devices. I
wished that it would allow users to share other apps simultaneously (NotePad,
Works, educational software), but for now, it's pretty cool for what it does.

I tried to place some typed text and graphics from Works and NotePad into the
clipboard function and then paste it into one of the Newt's whiteboards.
Unfortunately, the pasted data did not transfer into the other Newt. Maybe some
day? Doesn't seem like it would take much to add some real interesting
functionality to this app, other than the existing stylus input. Any takers? Are
the Russian developers still around?

Another thing I noticed was that even if I drew sketches with thicker pen
lines, the mirror image on the other Newton was displayed with THIN lines.
Perhaps if I adjust the pen line thickness on that machine as well? Seems like this
should not be necessary to produce identical reults. I'll experiment more.

I am going to experiment with three Newtons, to see if multiple units can be
"networked" this way. We'll see what happens.

Thanks again, Hemant!

Matt K.