Re: [NTLK] NewtonOS on Palm

From: Raj Patel (phigmov_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Sep 30 2004 - 15:19:02 PDT

> The only problem I can see with Table PCs is the size factor. The
> current (or is that old?) Newton hardware is big! That is a problem or
> a attracting depending on your Point of View.

Yeah I know what you mean - the Palm 515 I use as my primary PDA is
great but sometimes I wish it had a bigger screen (maybe my eyes are
just going bad in my old age).

A bigger screen might allow for cool stuff like pressure sensitivity
on the screen so you could use the device for
art/design/drawing/sketching.

Then again the reason I carry the Palm around is that its a great
size. The only thing smaller would be the ReX PCMCIA card PDA's -
again like the current Einstein thread - perhaps something like a ReX
could be used for information retrieval yet it could be plugged into a
variety of devices - like a Palm PDA, Tablet or PC to provide
different capabilities.

Perhaps a Newton-esque environment in Java - you plug it into anything
that has a JRE and you get your environment tailored to whatever
you've plugged into ?

Raj.