Re: [NTLK] [ABANDONWARE] tibet corporate edition

From: Roman Pixell (roman_at_pixell.net)
Date: Wed Sep 29 2004 - 15:24:54 PDT

On Sep 30, 2004, at 12:00 AM, Martin Joseph wrote:

> I don't think it can send the photo's back to the camera, although I
> have only been a light user..,.
>
> It can browse the images on my camera (Nikon 950) and transfer then to
> the Newt, as well as view them and then transmit them (via email).

no, you cant send them back to the camera, but as you say, the pix can
be emailed with enroute or simple mail 4 and 5

i also use a coolpix 950, it seems to be the best newton-compatible
camera to this date. its powered by 4 AA cells just like the newton.

> Pretty cool, although the serial hookup to the camera is slow unless
> you use lower image sizes.
>
> Daniel Padilla also produced a patch to increase the serial com. speed
> of Tibet with some cameras, but it doesn't work for me(boohoo)...

daniels maxed out 115k hack worked for me, try the 56k version also. if
youre on a trip, the transfer speed is actually quite bearable - still
better than having to bring a laptop for some light site updates. it is
still important to have a good connection for sending/uploading the
pictures.

/ ®