Re: [NTLK] A 120 in a 130?

From: Laurent Daudelin (Laurent_Daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Mon Sep 27 2004 - 11:15:08 PDT

On 27/09/04 14:08, "Owen Collins" <collinso_at_wlu.edu> wrote:

> Hello newton community,
>
> I have recently purchased my first Newton,a MP130, on ebay. I was
> running NewtTest on it and it says that is a Mp120 that needed a system
> patch. I did run the patch. But does this mean that I have the
> functionality and processing power of a 120 even though it says 130 on
> the case?
>
> Owen Collins

Could be. The 120 and 130 are completely identical, from the outside, and
you can put a 130 board and screen into a 120 case or the other way around
very easily.

I would contact the eBay seller to check with him. One thing you can do is
open Extras, then tap the 'I' button on the lower left of the screen. From
the popup menu that appears, select "Memory Info". A window will appear and
will report the ROM version with the patch number. With that number, you can
determine if you have a 130 or a 120. The system RAM installed would also
tell you whether you have a 130 or a 120 since the 130 has much more RAM
than the 120. I don't recall the exact numbers, though, so you would have to
check around...

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin                 Developer, Multifamily, ESO, Fannie Mae
mailto:Laurent_Daudelin_at_fanniemae.com                Washington, DC, USA