Re: [NTLK] FS SER-001 & EM300

From: WL (vitcitylb_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Sep 27 2004 - 03:18:00 PDT

At 08:11 PM 9/26/2004, you wrote:
>Hello WL,

Hi Shannan, welcome to NTLK, a very diverse community.

>You certainly do seem very negative and confrontational about this
>subject, please share your experiences with the seller.
>What did you purchase that made you so full of hate towards him? He must
>have done a serious wrong towards you.

First of all, for searching in the archive my full name is Woo Lee. That
should help in finding previous public posts.
Second, it's not hate, it's a business practice that leaves a very bad
taste in my mouth. I run a business that does not advertise, so our
business practices and word of mouth is how we have increased our business
by six times in less than ten years.
Third, due to the ferdi's explanations and descriptions and responses to
questions I never completed a purchase from him. After requesting
pertinent info. from him on the items for sale both here on NTLK and ebay,
the replies were not consistant with Apple's or any other company's
released info. Therefore misrepresentation is a reason. Also his
replies(as others on this list have noted) are not very nice.
Last but not least, alot of emails about bad experiences from his customers
are a bad sign.

>I myself have grown tired of this topic as well. It never seems to
>end, people just keep posting more and more negative comments with the
>occational user asking it all to stop.
>How does this aid in the progression of newton development?
>Shannan

Yeah, new members on this list get overwhelmed by the history of this list,
especially when it affects the members.
When I first got on this list back when Sean was listdad, I got mixed
replies about a seller named 'NewtonOz'. He was a student at UCLA. Since
I'm in the LA area, I bought an eMate from him, exactly as advertised and I
paid him cash in person and shook his hand. Since then I bought other
stuff from him and recommended others to him due to how well he sold Newton
stuff, honest and helpful(but very busy). Since then I have posted my
experiences with other sellers and developers, both good and bad since that
would inform others to improve the Newton experience and increase awareness
of the projects that can bear fruit and not empty promises for a price. As
soon as I can I will be supportive as I can to the WWNC and list members
and the only 'new' Newton Users Group In Los Angeles, I have over thirty
members of LANUG who ask questions and ask for sources of Newton stuff. I
alert my members to bad sellers and/or shady sales tactics. It's a dirty
job but somebody's got to help.