Re: [NTLK] WiFi card question

From: Roman Pixell (roman_at_pixell.net)
Date: Mon Sep 27 2004 - 04:24:58 PDT

On Sep 27, 2004, at 1:07 PM, jake smith wrote:

> as i said in the email, on the Kallisys page it does say that the Intel
> 3.3v card is listed as working, by Hiroshi himself...
> does the latest driver for WiFi work fine with 3.3v cards?
>
> Good to know the Newton won't die from a bit of experimenting.

actually, i wouldnt try it without asking paul g first - he told me at
the WWNC that the newton would not be fried, but the card could
possible be destroyed. concerning the note about a working 3.3 card, i
dont know. maybe its a dual-mode card? there are cards which support
both voltages, i remember.

/ ®