[NTLK] WiFi card question

From: jake smith (jakesmith_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Sep 27 2004 - 03:09:32 PDT

Hi List,

first post here, so be gentle.

I'm eagerly awaiting my 2100 from Russ Bravo (nod in Russ's direction)
and the first thing I intend to do is get hooked up with WiFi access.

I've been reading a lot about the process, which hardware to get and
what drivers etc, but I have a question.

According to Hiroshi's site, he recommends not using 3.3v cards as they
can fry the Newton.
But on Kallisys' site, listing cards that work with More WiFi there's a
report of the Intel PRO/Wireless 2011B card which says "Works -
(Hiroshi Noguchi)"

The Intel PRO/Wireless 2011B card is a 3.3v card... is it safe to use
with the latest version of the driver 1.08a?

My apologies if this question has been asked and answered or is common
knowledge, I did check the searchable list archives before posting. You
can understand my concern about blowing something up that i've just
paid for... it's also a way to introduce myself to the list!

regards
jake