Re: [NTLK] FS SER-001 & EM300

From: Woody Smith (woodysmith_at_comcast.net)
Date: Fri Sep 24 2004 - 21:42:15 PDT

There are many ways of looking at what is a good deal, and in my
opinion cost is only one factor.
We have very few software and hardware developers for the Newton and we
need to encourage them. The fact that David designed and built the
SER-001 and EM300 is more important to me than the cost, I sold my
Newertech memory expansion so that I could buy the EM300 to show my
support. I didn't feel that it was a mistake to spend a little extra
to encourage him.
I have installed two SER-001s from two different batches and found them
to fit perfectly in both a 2000 and a 2100. I did have to make sure
that the speaker wire wasn't in the way and that it was properly seated.
For our new list members who may not know about it, David is also
working on an internal RAM expansion for the emate the will make up for
its lacking a second pcmcia slot. This will significantly improve its
internet usefulness.
I strongly encourage you to shop local and encourage creativity.

Woody