Re: [NTLK] Newton Killer - OS X? - Epilog

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Sep 24 2004 - 14:46:15 PDT

I was using my Newt to take notes during a meeting of
what turned out to be a very paranoid person. He
stopped talking and I was busy writing in my Newt. I
took advantage of the pause to correct some of my
recognized text. I noticed that the pause was longer
than normal and I looked up to see the meeting person
staring at me, as well as everyone else at that
meeting. When I looked up, the person who called the
meeting asked if I was "playing games" on that thing.
I replied that I was taking notes. He felt that he
couldn't trust me and handed me a pen and paper and
suggested that I use these instead. I accepted the pen
and paper and put them down in front of me and picked
up my newt and proceed to write with it instead. He
paused again and "suggested" that I use the pen and
paper. I refused and promised him that I would email
him the notes I was taking at the end of the meeting
to prove that I was taking notes and not playing
solitare...(well, I was playing solitare also, but
mostly taking notes). That guy was our acting manager
and a real jerk...his big saying was, "if you don't
like my rules, there's the door"
To this day, (he's no longer working for the company)
whenever I bring my newt to a meeting, everybody asks
if I'm playing games on that thing...I always reply
that of course I am...anything else would seem too
much like work!
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Robert Benschop <rbenschop_at_telebyte.nl> wrote:

> On 24-sep-04, at 17:12, Bill Miranda wrote:
> > FInally, I find that I am somewhat self-conscious
> about using the
> > Newton at what it does best, note-taking, in a
> business meeting.
>
> I always put my Newt on the table before a meeting,
> that way any
> comments will be made before as well and no
> disruption will occur...
>

> Robert Benschop

=====
"A democracy is a sheep and two wolves deciding on what to have for lunch. Freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the results of the decision."
 - Benjamin Franklin