Re: [NTLK] Newton Killer - OS X? - Epilog

From: Bill Miranda (bill.miranda_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Sep 24 2004 - 11:00:18 PDT

James and Robert,

Good advice. That's probably the way to go. I do sometimes find that
my HWR is the worst when I'm on the phone taking a message or trying
to record notes in real time while somebody is speaking. I need to
just let the Newt do the best it can and go back and clean up later
but I get distracted by the misinterpreted words and sometimes it's
just totally wrong. After reading up more on the differences between
cursive and printing recognition, I switched to printing and my
results have improved. I learned so much from those WWNC slide
presentations. I really appreciate the work that went into those, and
I hope everyone realizes the value that people like me who didn't go
to the conference have derived from reading them.

Thanks for the heads up about the LPR driver too. I'm going to install
it and bring my network card to the office and try my Newt out with
it. Unless I misunderstand, that's not going to help me at home where
I am printer sharing a HP inkjet attached by USB to my Powerbook. Am I
right?

Bill