Re: [NTLK] MP 2100 to eMate serial connection?

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.int)
Date: Wed Sep 22 2004 - 07:35:57 PDT

Of course you can connect them.
First there is the issue to connect them hardwarewise properly with a
crossed serial cable.
But you can use the Local Talk connection as well.
You might be able to establish a serial connection using monitor programs on
both sides.

Unfortunately the Newt OS does not forsee such connection (in principle you
could do via LocalTalk or Ethernet as well, but there is no support
softwarewise.

We used to have a little LocalTalk Network and connected our Newts to that
network.
We were not able to "see" the other Newt. Thus we used the server where both
Newts had access to via NCU. Of course only one Newt at a time had access.

So the answer is twofold:
Physically YES, you can connect
Softwarewise, NO, the application needed to do that is not yet written...
;-((

Cheers
Johannes