Re: [NTLK] Newton Spanish text recognition.

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_telebyte.nl)
Date: Tue Sep 21 2004 - 17:29:30 PDT

On 22-sep-04, at 0:31, Roman Pixell wrote:
> the swedish dictionary is not the best one dough, which, combined with
> the fact that the NOS lacks the possibility to turn off the english
> dictionary makes it work ... hmm ... not as good as the english one.

Actually this isn't true AFAIK.
If you get Paul's DictMngr and you go into
'commons(attributed)(forward)' and uncheck the Enabled checkbox it
disables the internal dictionary, great fro recognition with foreign
languages.
(BTW, this sound more difficult than it is in practice)
I use this all of the time and from looking at the accuracy and the
good second guesses it comes up if it goes wrong, my Dutch dictionary
is certainly very active.
BTW, I never loaded a French one, the best option would be to activate
whatever language one desires of course...

Robert Benschop