Re: [NTLK] Pristine 2100 Has Jaggies

From: Roman Pixell (roman_at_pixell.net)
Date: Tue Sep 21 2004 - 07:55:59 PDT

On Sep 21, 2004, at 4:29 PM, David Deranian wrote:

> Now all of a sudden and for no apparent reason, it's contracted a nice
> case of the "jaggies". I'll go back and use my updated 2000, but I'd
> also like to send this 2100 somewhere to get a new touchscreen.
>
> What is everyone's recommendation for getting this done.

try the usual suspects first, before sending it in. that is the
business card technique and a complete brainwipe without restoring. if
you need certain types of info, like dates/addresses, try to rely on
back-up data from the desktop and sync it back to the newton. if you
have access to claris organiser in OS 9, id recommend that.

if you want to re-install from a card backup anyway, make sure NOT to
re-install the system soup, which is corrupted in many cases of
jaggies. restoring this information will bring back the jaggies.

warmest regards,

/ ®

roman pixell, freelancer
karmatic experience group