Re: [NTLK] QFX to Excel receive error....

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.int)
Date: Mon Sep 20 2004 - 10:35:47 PDT

If you talk about QFX I assume you mean the package on the Newt.
The version of QFX I used is 4.0 (german).

But I was talking about the little visual basic file that runs on the
Mac(PC).
In the readme it says:

Compatibility Notes
==============

1. QuickFigure Exchange has been tested using Excel95 and Excel97 for
Windows, and Excel5 and Excel98 for Mac.

2. Excel5 (or previous) for Windows is not supported in this release of
QuickFigure Exchange.

3. Excel4 (or previous) for Mac is not supported in this release of
QuickFigure Exchange.

4. Workbook transfers are not supported in Excel95 (or previous) for Windows
or Excel5 (or previous) for Mac.

So the version of Excel you use is an issue as well.
Further the QFX VB module is sensible to the version of the Appletalk ADSP
or AppleModemTool extension that you currently use. In my case QFX refuses
to work with the AppleTalk ADSP extension that comes with NCU, but it
accepts the one from NBU ...
Due to that hassle I stopped using it.

I just checked it again:
my <Excel:mac 2001> does connect to my Newt using QFX 4.0 and the related VB
file on the Mac via Ethernet if I activate the AppleTalk ADSP from NBU
instead the one from NCU.
Mac is running on OS 9.1.

Cheers
Johannes