Re: [NTLK] Hi. I'm New!

From: Rhonda Hyslop (0x7ff00025_at_paradox.homeip.net)
Date: Sat Sep 18 2004 - 20:54:13 PDT

* Roberto Castellanos <robercastellanos_at_hotmail.com> [18 Sep 2004 09:09]:
> One more question though... the way my 2000 came, with no PC memory card
> things (I'm still learning the names)... why exacctly would I need to buy
> the additional memory cards.

You'd want either a linear flash card (not so common, but the Newton
supports them natively) or an ATA flash card (very common, but you need
the ATA driver: <http://www.kallisys.com/newton/ata/> for it to work)

> And also what kind of applications are your favorites that you want to
> suggest.

There are loads of applications. I'd suggest browsing the Newton Wiki
<http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/> and the UNNA archive
<http://www.unna.org/view.php> for descriptions of programs. There's
also a page called CoolSetups where some people have described which
programs they have installed and what they are used for.

-Rhonda

--
 www.write-on.indy || www.write-on.org   \/  http://history.ubcengineers.ca/
  Discuss the art and craft of writing   /\   UBC Engineers History Project